Collaboration, Contract, Assignment, Deal, and Grant
- 08/07/2015 --- Dr. Jeff Chen and his U.S Army ERDC collaborators just published a paper on BMC Genomics regarding munition toxicology with Northern Bobwhite.
- 03/16/2015 --- Dr. Jeff Chen is officially appointed as the Green State Endowed Chair Distinguished Professor by ShiHeZi University, Xianjiang, China.
- 09/18/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen is officially appointed as the Guest Professor by Zhejinag Normal University, China.
- 05/01/2014 --- Dr. Jeff Chen and his collaborators in the Chinese Academy of Sciences officially published a paper on the Journal of Agriclture Biotechnology with cotton systenthic biology,
genomics and bioinformatics.
- 07/19/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen teamed up with his collaborators and Chinese business partners to establish a
Group Company in China with initial investment of 20 millions RMB, and expect to put additional 50 millions RMB to set up multiple subdivisions
in major cities in China.
- 07/18/2012 --- Dr. Jeff Chen teamed up with Dr. Keith Steward, Dr. Vladimir Makarov, and Dr. Richard Zhang at
IFXworks corporation, iGECE sister company, have just granted a subcontract assignment of
CIO-SP3 (NIHJT201000) through Universal Hi-Tech Development, Inc. to support NIH on bio-IT, health and research informatics operations.
- 04/05/2012 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen has accepted
an Integrative Bioinformatics project assignment with NIH/NIEHS through
Kelly Government Solutions of Kelly Services,
a Fortune 500 public corporation, focusing on the latest omics-based technologies,
environemntal science, and computational systems biology applicable to
health sciences suh as cancer systems biology
and gene epigenetics regulation with perturbed environmental events.
- 03/16/2012 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen
has started a collaborative project and is working as a visiting scholoar with Dr. Jianhua Xing
in his Computational Systems Biology Lab at Virginia Tech, focusing on dynamic biological systems modeling and simulation,
especially the embryo development and the immnue system reponses to various perturbations of chemical toxicity, infectious diseases, and biodefense.
- 02/01/2012 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen officially engaged in a contract deal
kidney lupus autoimmune disease project with Dr. Shu Man Fu
at the University of Virginia School of Medicine to provide bioinformatics support to his research program.
- 12/15/2011 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen officially engaged in business operation at
BioTherapeutics, Inc. as the Bioinformatics Leader in supporting its drug development effort.
- 10/29/2011 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen started a collaborative project
on immunology microarray data analysis with Dr. Joe Sung at the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
- 10/27/2011 --- iGECE investigators, Dr. Vladimir Makarov and Dr. Jeff Chen
and with other IFXworks team were just awarded a U.S. Army SBIR Phase II grant through IFXworks corporation, iGECE sister company,
to develop software tool for biomarker discovery with a total budget over $730K for two years.
- 08/24/2011 ---
Dr. Kurt Gust, Associate Team Leader and Principal Investigator at the U.S. Army ERDC teaming up with
Dr. Jeff Chen as Co-PI in bioinformatics,
is just officially awarded an Army 6.1 basic research grant with a toal budget of about $719K for 3 years to sequence the genome-scale transcriptome of the frog, an environmental sentinel species,
and to develop microarray chip as environmental quality monitoring tool, to study climate change impacting species adaptation,
chemical ecotoxicity and bioremediation strategy. The project officially starts in October of 2011.
- 08/23/2011 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen
will officially end Army 6.2 grant supported
munitions toxicogenomics project assignment
with the U.S. Army ERDC in October of 2011.
- 08/15/2011 --- iGECE investigator, Ms. Amy Wang, officially ended her contract assignment today
with Badger Technical Services, a federal contract company,
supporting the U.S. Army ERDC operation and business in environmental science.
- 05/01/2011 --- iGECE investigators, Dr. Vladimir Makarov and Dr. Jeff Chen were just awarded
a U.S. Army SBIR Phase I contract through IFXworks, iGECE sister company,
to develop software tool for biomarker discovery. Dr. Jeff Chen is the Principal Investigator and Project Manager for the award and has been the Chief Scientific Officer at IFXworks since 2007.
Latest Team Publication
- 05/28/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, is invited to visit and present seminars at ShiHeZi University.
The College of Life Sciences of the University has officially offered Dr. Chen a Visiting Professor position to train students in Bioinformatics and
Computational Systems Biology.
- 05/13/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, is invited to
visit and present seminars at Zhejiang Normal University.
- 03/20/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, is invited to give a
seminar at the Genomics Workshop held at EGI CAS on April 15, 2013.
- 02/01/2013 --- Dr. Jeff Chen and Dr. Jason Li,
iGECE investigators, are invited to visit EGI CAS and presented
seminars there during Jan. 4-9, 2013.
- 10/9/2011 ---Dr. Hiroshi Honda, iGECE investigator, is invited to speak his recent study on "Corrosion Resistant Alloys Used for Oil and Gas Industry” at the
NACE Corrosion Shanghai 2011 Conference & Expo from October 11-14, 2011.
- 10/06/2011 ---Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, is invited to give a seminar on November 11, 2011 to the Graduate Program at the School of Computing, the University of Southern Mississippi, on the topic of "Advanced Analytical and Predictive Biology: Combining High Performance Computing with Systems Biology".
- 08/10/2011 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, is invited
to chair and give a feature speeh at
the Bioinformatics for Systems Biology and Omics session for the
- 04/01/2011 --- Dr. Jeff Chen was invited to give a seminar to the Graduate Program at the
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh on April 6, 2011
on the topic of high performance computing and systems biology.
- 03/01/2011 --- Dr. Jeff Chen was invited to give a seminar to the bioinformatics graduate program
at the Iowa State University on March 23, 2011 on the topics of legume systems and network biology for bioenergy research.
- 02/01/2011 --- Dr. Jeff Chen was invited to give a seminar to the Digital Biology Institute at the
Mississippi State Univerisy on February 22, 2011 on the toipics of chemical and heavy metal toxicogenomics and environmental systems biology.
- 11/15/2010 --- Dr. Jeff Chen was invited to give a seminar on Nov. 18, 2010 at the University of Mississippi Medical School on the topic of computational systems biology and
possible collaboration effort in bioinformatics.
- 07/15/2012 --- Dr. Jason Li, iGECE investigator, treamed up with faculty at and La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunologythe University of Virginia, has just published a co-authored paper on
The Journal of Immunology.
- 06/01/2012 --- Dr. Jason Li, iGECE investigator, treamed up with faculty at the University of Virginia, has just published a co-authored paper on
BMC Infectious Disease.
- 05/29/2012 --- Dr. Jeff Chen and Dr. Kurt Gust, iGECE investigators, teamed up with other US Army ERDC collaborators submitted an abstract on the Geomics of Western Fence Lizard and will will present a poster to
2012 SETAC conference.
- 05/29/2012 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, has just published a co-authored paper on BMC Genomics
with the Brachypodium distachyon
WRKY transcription factors and the database has been officially published for public access.
- 05/03/2012 --- iGECE investigator, Ms. Amy Wang, published
a co-authored paper on
Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
on antibacteria chemical screen and drug discovery with collaborators at the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
- 06/15/2011 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, published a co-authored paper on
Plant Biotechnology Journal (impact factor 4.85) with collaborators at the South Dakota State University.
- 04/20/2011 --- iGECE investigator, Ms. Amy Wang, published
a co-authored paper on
on antibacteria chemical screen with collaborators at the University of Virginia.
- 12/15/2010 --- Dr. Jeff Chen, iGECE investigator, attended the 27th Army Science Conference, Orlando, FL
during November 29-December 2, 2010, and presented a paper and a poster on the conference proceedings on the work
of the genome-scale assembly and annotation of Japanese quail transcriptome with collaborators at U.S. Army ERDC and
University of California at Berkeley.
- 11/01/2010 --- iGECE investigator, Dr. Jeff Chen, published a collaborative paper on
BMC Plant Biology (impact factor 4.09), 2010, 10:237
with collaborators at the Ohio State University, and the Soybean Transcription Factor Database
is officially published and marked as "Highly Accessed" by the journal.
- 10/01/2010 --- iGECE invesitgator, Ms. Amy Wang, published a co-authored paper on
Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 20:3537-3539 with collaborators at the University of Virginia.
- 09/09/2012 --- iGECE team held annunal meeting in Charlottesville, VA headquater, summarized onging business activites,
and welcamed new team members.
- 08/01/2011 --- iGECE filed with U.S. Federal
- 09/20/2010 --- iGECE production website was launched (http://www.igece.org/) for public release.
- 07/21/2010 --- iGECE registration certificate was granted by the Commonwealth of Virginia to officially
operate the busines in bioenergy, biodefense, and environment science.
- 07/03/2010 --- Institute domain, logo, and organization registration and paperwork were filed with
Commonwealth of Virginia.